Viewing Property COVID-19
As a landlord, agent or tenant viewing a property has now feel into a new normal. Some landlords or agents may wish to only do virtual viewings, some tenants may only be able to do virtual viewings. So when thinking of viewing a property think about safety of yourself and others first. We have created some tips alongside the Governments information. Keep in mind that whilst viewing and moving properties, the safety of you and those around you should remain imperative.
Why not start with a virtual viewing, if available?
You may still need to view the property in person, before being able to proceed, but a virtual viewing is a great place to start.
Before the viewing
In line with government guidance, anyone experiencing coronavirus symptoms should stay at home, to help prevent further spread of the disease.
To give confidence to all parties present at the viewing that this guidance is being followed, and to help the agent manage the viewing in the most efficient way possible, you should be asked to complete a handful of questions before your viewing such as:
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Has anyone in your household had COVID-19?
- Has anyone in your household displayed COVID-19 symptoms or not yet completed a required period of household self-isolation?
- Do you have a new or continuous cough?
- Are you in the high-risk category?
- Do you have a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
If you answer yes to any of the above seek medical advice and DO NOT! attend any viewings.
The current owner, or tenants, of the property you’re going to view will have also completed these questions, as will the agent if they’ll be present on the viewing, so don’t be afraid to check with the agent on this if it’s a concern.
We would also recommend asking the agent as many questions as possible before the viewing, to help save time on the viewing itself.
At the viewing
To make sure all parties are safe, please follow any guidelines the landlord or agent provides and please take your own viewing kit.
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser
- A face mask
- Blue overshoes (if you have them)
- Disposable gloves
- Mobile Phone
- Notepad and Pen
- Maintain a safe distance from others (2 meters)
- No handshakes
- No shouting at other people
At the viewing
After the viewing, please dispose of any items at your own property and follow the below:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser
- Wipe any personal surfaces you had touch at the viewing such as mobile phone etc
- If you feel any symptoms after your viewing, seek medical advice and inform the agent of your actions.