The Rental Market is Steady
Market Rental Figures
Rents have dropped in the past four months to September, the average rent for a two bedroom property decreased from £777 to £767, a one percent fall.
The average in Scotland to rent a two bedroom property per month:
- Edinburgh averaging £1,100 – one per cent dip
- Glasgow averaging £800 – steady
- Aberdeen averaging £700 – steady
- Dundee averaging £600 – steady
The average in England & Wales to rent a two bedroom property per month:
- East Midlands averaging £890 – five per cent dip
- North East averaging £810 – four per cent dip
- South East averaging £790 – three per cent dip
- North West averaging £920 – two per cent increase
- South West averaging £945 – three per cent increase
- London averaging £1,693 – steady
- Wales averaging £654 – one percent increase
Scotland – Average 11 days
Greater London, the North East, West Midlands and South West – Average time 12 days.
The East Midlands, North West and the South East – Average 15 days.
West Midlands – Average 25 days during September.